We have adopted some practical and easy to follow set of rules
for using our forums. These are almost same rules which apply to
many high quality forums over the Net, with many diffrent subjects-but
all those forums having in common the quality of postings.
Forums Posting rules
1) These forums are privately owned and run, they are not
2) We (may) allow users who haven't yet registered to post,
but we do expect you to register in time.
3) We also expect you to use a real email address.
4) The webmaster reserves the right to remove / move messages
at any time.
5) In posting a message you are agreeing to the rules laid
6) If you do not agree to the rules, do not post.
7) The forums are not actively moderated, however we do passively
moderate (delete messages if the rules are broken).
8) We have a very simple (and liberal) set of rules which
we expect every poster to follow.
10) The webmaster reserves the right to remove your right to post
(permanently) should you repeatedly abuse these simple rules. However,
if you start posting, from the very first moment, by broking all
the rules or simply not following any rules, we remove your right
to post from begining.
11) This is a free service, don't ruin it for everyone else.
12) All IP addresses are recorded.
13) Have a complaint about a particular poster? Let us know,
don't do it on the forums.
14) Please note that this is one of the busiest gymnastics forums
on the Internet, we have little time to debate a ban, if you break
a rule you will be banned, no arguments. Feel free to express any
opinion, as long as you do it in respect of our rules.
15) Commercial advertising - Commercial website linking or
advertising is not allowed, if you wish to advertise on the site
contact us. This rule includes webmasters
of other gymnastics websites promoting themselves on the forum.You
may use only the forum dedicated to other websites. You will be
banned and have all of your messages removed.
16) Be civil - anyone being abusive, calling names or generally
trying to stir up trouble will not be tolerated. If you think someone
is wrong it may be because they are new, don't jump on them, think
17) If you are repeatedly abusive you will be banned from these
18) New posters - Before you ask a question please check
to see if someone else has asked it before, ask our search engine
19) No Off Topic - Please keep all off-topic messages to
the Open Talk forum, that's what it is there for. Off Topic messages
may be moved to Open Talk or deleted if posted in one of the main
forums, repeated posting of Off Topic messages can lead to a ban.
20) Site questions / comments - Please check our Site FAQ
first, you may have a question which has already been answered.
If not, send us feedback, ask in the
dedicated site-related forum, don't post site questions in the gymnastics
21) Question for the webmaster - DO NOT POST "Question for
Webmaster " or "Andy,..." messages, the webmaster doesn't have time
to scan through or respond to all the forums.
22) For Sale - We don't allow for sale messages (at all).
23) SPAM - Anyone posting the same (or similar) message more than
twice in any of the forums. No single user may start more than three
new threads in any fifteen minute period, this helps to limit SPAM
and wasteful cross-posting.
24) Flame / Attacks - We do not tolerate abusive, malicious,
personal attacks or self-promoting messages. See first rule.
25) Trolls - Anyone deliberately antagonizing other forum
users by posting 'flame bait' type messages are not welcome. See
26) Bashing - Deliberately and repeatedly bashing the same
gymnast, team or country will get you banned. If you have a complaint
or comment to make then make it once and make sure you have facts
to support it. See first rule.
27) Bumping - Deliberately 'bumping' your message back to
the top of the forum with no new content. Posting many pictures
- Do not post many pictures in one message, instead post a link
to a gallery. Posting several messages with just one image in each
in a short period will be treated as SPAM - it will be deleted.
28) Harassment - If we receive complaints about users harassing
other users either by forum message, email or by other methods you
will be banned immediately. If serious enough we will also contact
your ISP and report the matter.
29) Software/ Tv broadcast piracy - We do not allow the posting
of serial numbers, cracks, warez links or anything related to the
piracy of software or TV broadcasts (live or webcasts).
30) Legal ownership - Each message posted is owned by and
the opinion of the original poster. Neither romanian-gymnastics.com
nor its owners or webmaster are legally responsible for anything
posted on these forums.
Using your password - before you can post you must be registered,
once you have received your password (by email) you can login here,
then change your profile / password and also post messages.
Enter a subject - please enter a concise subject description,
this will be the first thing a reader sees of your message, make
it count. If you're following-up to a message we would encourage
you to CHANGE the subject to reflect the content of your message.
Email address - Please use your real email address, we use
sophisticated anti-leeching technology, your email address will
be safe, we will NOT disclose it to any third parties or use it
for any mailing list (unless you sign up to one).
Embedding images (only available to registered users) - To
embed an image or photograph simply paste (or type) the URL (web
address) of the image into your message (eg. http://hostname.com/image.jpg),
images more than 480 pixels wide will be scrollable. To link to
an image WITHOUT EMBEDDING IT simply add a semicolon (;) to the
end of the url
Embedding links - To embed a link to a website or other type
of URL simply paste (or type) the URL of the site into your message
Important notice for our new Forum members
Some of our new forum members have been experienced difficulties
with registering. This is due to some factors which are simply out
of our control.
1) A lot of new members don't pay much attention on filling the
initial registering form; as a result, the email address provided
is wrong spelled. Our (automatically) e-mail confirmation goes in
a wrong direction simply because of this. Depending on your served
loading, it may takes from few minutes (quality email servers) up
to an hour but never should take more than few hours to receive
the email confirmation.
If you provided a wrong spelled emails, the registration confirmation
email will be returned to us and the accound will be deleted.
2) We have one of the best (and expensive) quality
hosting provider, with tight security and the last minutes technology
to prevent spammers reaching us or prevent/stop various attacks.Since
our hosting provider are used by others as a home for thousands
of sites, and if any of this site was previously registered (for
good or not is not our problem) as a spammer, this may affect us,
Some Internet ISP's / domains are currently blocking email sent
from romanian-gymnastics.com, this is often due to out of date spam
information and/or blocking of entire network subnets rather than
the specific servers which caused the problem.Our site, romanian-gymnastics.com,
has never transmitted unsolicited email from any of its mail servers.We
recommend you contact your ISP to ask them to remove any blocks
which may be affecting our site, romanian-gymnastics.com.
3) If you (still) use a free email like your-name[at]yahoo.com,
and you don't receive shortly after registering, an email from us,
check all yours Inbox folders (like the one which store email considered
by our provider as "junk email"). It is possible that our confirmation
email was moved there by your provider. If you find an email from
us, with your new account name and password, use the link provided
to activate your account. Otherwise, the account can not be used.
You may check our forum
FAQ for useful tips, too.
For News Archive, click here
Photo credits, top left:
Nadia Comaneci, the first 10 in gym history, Montreal 1976,©A.P.photo;
Romanian Team, Silver Medal at 2003 World Gymnastics Championships
Marius Urzica; Catalina Ponor, Star of 2004 Olympics